KAG0007 "ASANOKA" (40g)
TYPE: Sencha(Green Tea)
MAKER: Shimokubo Tea Factory (Minamikyusyu, Kagoshima)
FEATURES: Umami, Astringency, Laver, Grass
*All individually packaged packs of 10 x 4g.
*It will be delivered to your mailbox so that you can receive it even when you are not at home.
- LEAF: 4g
- WATER: 120ml(4oz)
- TIME: 90sec
- TEMP: 80℃
If you don't have a temperature-controlled electric kettle or thermometer, use the following method to cool the water.
- Boil water and transfer to a teacup once.
- Wait for 2 minutes to allow the temperature to drop to around 80 degrees.
*The temperature drop will vary depending on the shape and material of the teacup.
How to Brew
- Prepare the water at 80 degrees Celsius.
- Put the tea leaves in the teapot and pour the hot water.
- After 90 seconds, pour the water into the teapot, shaking it slightly.
- The last drop from the teapot is a superb drop of tea, rich in the flavor of the tea leaves. Pour every last drop of tea gently.
"Asanoka" is a very well-balanced cultivar. It has a strong umami flavor and a slight astringency that tightens the aftertaste. This well-balanced taste will be loved by everyone, and even when brewed at high temperatures, it does not collapse, but rather increases in volume and fills the mouth. When I drank Mr. Shimokubo's "Asanoka", I felt that it was a complete form of this excellent cultivar.
Kenichiro is one of the most passionate tea growers we know. He is very particular about soil preparation and creates the best environment for tea with regular soil analysis and his own organic fertilizer. He manages a total of 45ha of fields and grows more than 20 cultivars, and one of the top-class producers in Kagoshima prefecture.
The taste of this tea is rich, but not overpowering. Even if you brew it roughly, it tastes good. It is a reliable tea that makes you feel at ease when you have it in your kitchen.