SMN0001 "SAEMIDORI" (40g)
TYPE: Sencha(Green Tea)
MAKER: Izumo Tea Factory(Izumo, Shimane)
FEATURES: Sweetness, Umami, Fresh Leaves, Laver
*All individually packaged packs of 10 x 4g.
*It will be delivered to your mailbox so that you can receive it even when you are not at home.
- LEAF: 4g
- WATER: 120ml(4oz)
- TIME: 120sec
- TEMP: 60℃
- Boil water and transfer to a teacup once.
- Wait for 5 minutes to allow the temperature to drop to around 60 degrees.
*The temperature drop will vary depending on the shape and material of the teacup.
How to Brew
- Prepare the water at 60 degrees Celsius.
- Put the tea leaves in the teapot and pour the hot water.
- After 120 seconds, pour the water into the cup. Make sure do not shake the teapot when you pour to prevent tea leaves touch each other and extract unpleasant flavor.
- The last drop from the teapot is a superb drop of tea, rich in the flavor of the tea leaves. Pour every last drop of tea gently.
Before we drink Saemidori, we can't contain our excitement. This is because it is a tasty cultivar with parents from Yabukita, the classic of green tea, and Asatsuyu, also known as natural gyokuro. It has rich umami, sweetness, and a fresh aroma. How can anyone not like Saemidori?
Izumo tea factory has been producing tea since 1907. With a farming area of 12ha, they are the largest tea producer in Shimane Prefecture. Yuta Oka, who once worked in Tokyo and later chose to take over his family business, is very stoic in his tea production, perhaps because of his career. He collects detailed data on the weather, tea leaves, etc... and steadily produces delicious tea every year.
Their Saemidori is one of the softest tasting teas in our lineups. It is almost free of bitterness and astringency, and its sweetness and umami gently spread out. We think you will be surprised to know that there is such a delicious tea in Shimane, which is unknown for tea production.