KAG0003 "YABUKITA" (40g)
Stick to CLASSIC. Royal Standard Japanese Green Tea.
This tea will help you understand why "Yabukita" is Japan's most widely produced cultivar.
The aroma is a mixture of lushness and fire fragrance, the standard of sencha. It has a rich flavor that spreads with a soft and smooth texture, and the bitter and astringent tastes that support it are in excellent balance.
This tea is made by drawing out the best of "Yabukita" and should be called the standard of Japanese sencha teas.
Type: Sencha(Green Tea)
Maker: Nagayama Tea Farm (Ei, Kagoshima)
Taste Notes: Umami, Sweetness, Roast, Laver
All individually packaged: 10packs (4g each)
- LEAF: 4g
- WATER: 120ml(4oz)
- TIME: 120sec
- TEMP: 60℃
The charm of this Yabukita tea is definitely its umami.
In order to enjoy the umami of the tea as it spreads across your tongue, try brewing it slowly at a low temperature of around 60 degrees Celsius for the first time.
Yabukita is a very well-balanced cultivar, so we also recommend brewing it at a higher temperature the second time around to enjoy its well-balanced taste
If you don't have a temperature-controlled electric kettle or thermometer, use the following method to cool the water.
- Boil water and transfer to a teacup once.
- Wait for 2 minutes to allow the temperature to drop to around 80 degrees.
*The temperature drop will vary depending on the shape and material of the teacup.
How to Brew
- Prepare the water at 60 degrees Celsius.
- Put the tea leaves in the teapot and pour the hot water.
- After 120 seconds, pour the water into the teapot, shaking it slightly.
- The last drop from the teapot is a superb drop of tea, rich in the flavor of the tea leaves. Pour every last drop of tea gently.
Shipping in Japan
- We will send your order by Japan Post or Sagawa Express.
- We deliver tea at a flat rate of 250 yen (free shipping for orders over 3,000 yen) and other items at a flat rate of 650 yen (free shipping for orders over 12,000 yen).
- Items that fall under the post delivery size (such as tea) will be delivered directly to your mailbox.
※Please see this link for international shipping information.
Whenever we visit Mr. Nagayama, we always end up talking with him for a long time because of his passion for making tea, which burns within his gentle personality. He has built a wooden deck in the garden of his house right behind his farm, where you can drink tea while looking over the tea trees swaying in the wind. The time we spent talking endlessly about tea while basking in the warm spring sunshine was a treasure for us.
Yabukita is a very popular variety of green tea that accounts for 70% of the production share in Japan. It is highly regarded for its rich and well-balanced flavor and is produced by almost every tea producer in Japan. Mr. Nagayama says he wants to master this variety. "If I could make the best Yabukita, I would be the best tea farmer in Japan, right?" he said, and we were moved by his words.
His Yabukita has strong umami that spreads along with its soft texture, and a classic aroma that is typical of green tea. One of the best Yabukita teas we have ever tasted.