Luxurious flavor and aroma made with First-picked tea
This outstanding houjicha, made only from the outgrowths (stems, hard leaves, etc.) of ichibancha (first flush sencha), is a tea that will completely change the conventional concept of houjicha. The aroma and sweetness produced by deep roasting give it a robust and voluptuous flavor that is almost invisible in regular houjicha. This tea can be enjoyed iced or hot, any way you like to drink it.
Type : Houjicha (Roasted Green Tea)
Cultivar : BLEND
Maker : Harutonari (Ei, Kagoshima)
Taste Notes : Roast, Sweetness, Umami
All individually packaged : 10packs (2.5g each)
- LEAF: 2.5g
- WATER: 120ml(4oz)
- TIME: 120sec
- TEMP: 100℃
How to Brew
- Prepare the water at 100 degrees Celsius.
- Put the tea leaves in the teapot and pour the hot water.
- After 120 seconds, pour the water into the teapot, shaking it slightly.
- The last drop from the teapot is a superb drop of tea, rich in the flavor of the tea leaves. Pour every last drop of tea gently.
Shipping in Japan
- We will send your order by Japan Post or Sagawa Express.
- We deliver tea at a flat rate of 250 yen (free shipping for orders over 3,000 yen) and other items at a flat rate of 650 yen (free shipping for orders over 12,000 yen).
- Items that fall under the post delivery size (such as tea) will be delivered directly to your mailbox.
※Please see this link for international shipping information.
Generally, houjicha is made from the leftover materials from the second tea leaves and onward, such as the stems from the production process.
Roasting tea materials that do not have a strong aroma adds a savory flavor to the tea and allows the user to enjoy the clean taste and strong roasted aroma of houjicha. When we first tasted this houjicha, what surprised us was its flavor. It has a green tea flavor that spreads across the tongue with a sizzling sensation, not found in ordinary houjicha, and it has a strong sweet taste. The secret of this delicious taste is the tea leaves used.
The stems of the first picked tea leaves, which are the most fragrant and full of the umami, are slowly and deeply roasted to produce the aroma of houjicha and the flavor of green tea. Houjicha is a tea that makes you want to take a sigh of relief during cold seasons, and it can also enjoy with plenty of ice in the hot summer.