SMN0002 "MEIRYOKU" (40g)
Refreshing aroma and "Shaded Aroma", Standard Middle-body Japanese Green Tea
"Meiryoku" is not a very distinctive cultivar, for better or worse, but what surprised us when we drank this "Meiryoku" was how well-balanced it was.
The rich umami and aroma produced by the shaded cultivation, combined with the cultivar's characteristic bitterness and fresh aroma, creates an outstanding taste with depth and volume.
This tea brings out the full charm of the "Kabuse(Shaded)" tea. It is a tea that demonstrates Izumo Tea Factory's capabilities without regret.
Type: Sencha(Green Tea)
Maker: Izumo Tea Factory(Izumo, Shimane)
Taste Notes: Umami, Sweetness, Astringency, Fresh Leaves, Laver, Coolness
All individually packaged: 10packs (4g each)
- LEAF: 4g
- WATER: 120ml(4oz)
- TIME: 100sec
- TEMP: 80℃
If you don't have a temperature-controlled electric kettle or thermometer, use the following method to cool the water.
- Boil water and transfer to a teacup once.
- Wait for 2 minutes to allow the temperature to drop to around 80 degrees.
*The temperature drop will vary depending on the shape and material of the teacup.
How to Brew
- Prepare the water at 80 degrees Celsius.
- Put the tea leaves in the teapot and pour the hot water.
- After 100 seconds, pour the water into the teapot, shaking it slightly.
- The last drop from the teapot is a superb drop of tea, rich in the flavor of the tea leaves. Pour every last drop of tea gently.
Shipping in Japan
- We will send your order by Japan Post or Sagawa Express.
- We deliver tea at a flat rate of 250 yen (free shipping for orders over 3,000 yen) and other items at a flat rate of 650 yen (free shipping for orders over 12,000 yen).
- Items that fall under the post delivery size (such as tea) will be delivered directly to your mailbox.
※Please see this link for international shipping information.
Izumo Tea Factory has been a producer for over 100 years, since 1907. With a farm area of 12 ha, it is the largest in Shimane Prefecture. Yuta-san, who once worked in Tokyo before choosing to take over the family business, is very stoic in his tea production, perhaps because of his career. Nevertheless, he collects detailed data on the weather and tea leaves and steadily produces delicious tea yearly.
This year's Meiryoku is a gem with an outstanding balance. The rich flavor stored in the tea leaves perfectly harmonizes with the astringency in the cultivar, giving the tea a voluminous taste. The aroma is also well-developed, and you can find many aromas, such as the fresh aroma of Meiryoku and the seaweed-like covered aroma.
Izumo Tea Factory continues to produce delicious covered teas every year, but this year's Meiryoku has the best taste and aroma of the covered teas. Please enjoy this well-balanced tea, both hot and iced.