SHZ0007 "SAYAMAKAORI" (40g)
Minty, Herby, image of clear water stream
Shitajima Tea Farm's "Sayamakaori" is a delicious tea with a neat, elegant aroma and a refreshingly astringent taste.
This cultivar is produced in all regions of Japan, but it is rare to find such a delicious "Sayamakaori" tea. The bitter and astringent taste is well controlled, and the aroma is entirely free of cloying taste. It is an impeccable tea with all the advantages of cultivar.
Type: Sencha(Green Tea)
Cultivation: Open Field
Maker: Shitajima Tea Farm (Tamagawa, Shizuoka)
Taste Notes: Astringency, Umami, Herb, Soybean flour
All individually packaged: 10packs (4g each)
- LEAF: 4g
- WATER: 120ml(4oz)
- TIME: 100sec
- TEMP: 70℃
If you don't have a temperature-controlled electric kettle or thermometer, use the following method to cool the water.
- Boil water and transfer to a teacup once.
- Wait for 3 minutes to allow the temperature to drop to around 70 degrees.
*The temperature drop will vary depending on the shape and material of the teacup.
How to Brew
- Prepare the water at 70 degrees Celsius.
- Put the tea leaves in the teapot and pour the hot water.
- After 100 seconds, pour the water into the cup. Make sure do not shake the teapot when you pour to prevent tea leaves touch each other and extract unpleasant flavor.
- The last drop from the teapot is a superb drop of tea, rich in the flavor of the tea leaves. Pour every last drop of tea gently.
Shipping in Japan
- We will send your order by Japan Post or Sagawa Express.
- We deliver tea at a flat rate of 250 yen (free shipping for orders over 3,000 yen) and other items at a flat rate of 650 yen (free shipping for orders over 12,000 yen).
- Items that fall under the post delivery size (such as tea) will be delivered directly to your mailbox.
※Please see this link for international shipping information.
The Tamagawa area of Shizuoka Prefecture has been famous for its tea for hundreds of years. Surrounded by the clear waters of the Abe River and rugged mountains, the tea produced at Shitajima tea farm is one of the best models of mountain tea.
The tea leaves have a beautiful straight shape and a clear watercolor. The taste is compact and well-balanced, and the aroma is fragrant with a strong cultivar character. Their teas ideally possess these characteristics that only teas carefully produced in the rugged mountains can have.
Shitajima tea farm's "Sayamakaori" has an elegant aroma and refreshing astringency. This cultivar is produced all over Japan, but it is rare to find such a delicious "Sayamakaori." The bitter and astringent taste is well balanced, and the aroma is entirely free of any cloying taste. It is an impeccable tea with only the best qualities of the cultivar. When you drink it, the first thing you feel in your mouth is a dry aroma reminiscent of kinako (soybean flour), and the second is a refreshing herbal aroma that quickly escapes into your nose. We hope you will experience these two aromas, which appear at different times.