SHZ0006 "KANAYAMIDORI" (40g)
TYPE: Sencha(Green Tea)
MAKER: Danoen(Makinohara, Shizuoka)
FEATURES: Sweetness, Bitterness, Milk, Thickness
*All individually packaged packs of 10 x 4g.
*It will be delivered to your mailbox so that you can receive it even when you are not at home.
- LEAF: 4g
- WATER: 120ml(4oz)
- TIME: 90sec
- TEMP: 70℃
If you don't have a temperature-controlled electric kettle or thermometer, use the following method to cool the water.
- Boil water and transfer to a teacup once.
- Wait for 3 minutes to allow the temperature to drop to around 70 degrees.
*The temperature drop will vary depending on the shape and material of the teacup.
How to Brew
- Prepare the water at 70 degrees Celsius.
- Put the tea leaves in the teapot and pour the hot water.
- After 90 seconds, pour the water into the cup. Make sure do not shake the teapot when you pour to prevent tea leaves touch each other and extract unpleasant flavor.
- The last drop from the teapot is a superb drop of tea, rich in the flavor of the tea leaves. Pour every last drop of tea gently.
Makinohara City in Shizuoka Prefecture is one of Japan’s leading tea-producing regions, known as the birthplace of Fukamushicha(Deep steamed tea). In this area, where numerous tea growers produce the standard fukamushicha, Mr. and Mrs. Takatsuka of Danoen are quite an uncommon farmer.
Since last year, they have stopped selling their tea at tea markets and instead sold everything themselves. The reason for this is to continue making tea in their way. However, Mr. Takatsuka’s tea, which has an appealing aroma that brings out the characteristics of the cultivar, is not compatible with the current market, which demands a flavor without any peculiarities, and has not received high acclaim.
This “Kanayamidori” is a slightly different from normal Sencha, and it is called “Yonkoncha,” which made without rubbing. Mr. Takatsuka chose the “Yonkoncha” method for its clear taste rather than the beautiful shape of the tea leaves. Combined with the milky aroma unique to the cultivor, the tea has a silky softness that is very attractive. More than appearance, more than sales, they make a tea they like. We believe that tea made with this in mind cannot fail to be delicious.