SHZ0009 "SAEAKARI" (40g)
Grilled corn-like sweet aroma created by wilting and burning.
This tea, called "Fragrant Green Tea," is made with the aroma of its cultivars well extracted.
The sweet aroma of corn and chestnuts, unique characteristic of "Saeakari" combined with the roasted aroma produced by fire-roasting gives it a unique aroma that reminds one of grilled corn.
This tea can be served hot or cold with ice to enjoy its gentle sweetness.
Type: Sencha (Green Tea)
Cultivation: Open Field
Maker: Imura Tea Farm(Shimada, Shizuoka)
Taste Notes: Sweetness, Astringency, Corn, Chestnut
All individually packaged: 10packs (4g each)
- LEAF: 4g
- WATER: 120ml(4oz)
- TIME: 120sec
- TEMP: 80℃
If you don't have a temperature-controlled electric kettle or thermometer, use the following method to cool the water.
- Boil water and transfer to a teacup once.
- Wait for 2 minutes to allow the temperature to drop to around 80 degrees.
*The temperature drop will vary depending on the shape and material of the teacup.
How to Brew
- Prepare the water at 80 degrees Celsius.
- Put the tea leaves in the teapot and pour the hot water.
- After 120 seconds, pour the water into the teapot, shaking it slightly.
- The last drop from the teapot is a superb drop of tea, rich in the flavor of the tea leaves. Pour every last drop of tea gently.
Shipping in Japan
- We will send your order by Japan Post or Sagawa Express.
- We deliver tea at a flat rate of 250 yen (free shipping for orders over 3,000 yen) and other items at a flat rate of 650 yen (free shipping for orders over 12,000 yen).
- Items that fall under the post delivery size (such as tea) will be delivered directly to your mailbox.
※Please see this link for international shipping information.
The "taste" that we usually perceive is composed of taste and smell, and it is said that smell accounting for more than 80%. Green tea contains more than 200 kinds of aromatic components. These components are intricately combined to create the aroma of tea.
This tea, named "Fragrant Green Tea," is made by wilting (oxidative fermentation), which is not part of the normal green tea production process, to bring out the aroma from the tea leaves. This process is also used in the production of oolong and black tea, and is essential in creating the rich aroma that can be compared to flowers and fruits.
"Saeakari" has a sweet, corn-like aroma which is unique to the cultivar. The roasted aroma is mixed in with it, giving the tea a nuance somewhat like grilled corn.
As the temperature gradually drops, the mild sweetness of this tea becomes more pronounced, and the taste changes to a sweet, chestnut-like flavor. Whether hot or iced, there are many ways to enjoy this tea.