FUK0002 "SAKIMIDORI" (40g)
Type: Sencha(Green Tea)
Cultivation: Open Field
Maker: Niikawa Tea Factory ( Ukiha, Fukuoka)
Taste Notes: Sweetness, Astringent, Jasmine, Fresh Leaf
All individually packaged: 10packs (4g each)
- LEAF: 4g
- WATER: 120ml(4oz)
- TIME: 120sec
- TEMP: 60℃
We thought for a long time about the recipe for "Sakimidori" because this tea is delicious no matter how you brew it.
It has a nice and well-balanced taste, which is unique to organic teas, both at low and high temperatures.
However, we were surprised to learn that organic tea is so rich in flavor. So we recommend brewing at 60°C first to give you the surprise.
If you don't have a temperature-controlled electric kettle or thermometer, use the following method to cool the water.
- Boil water and transfer to a teacup once.
- Wait for 2 minutes to allow the temperature to drop to around 80 degrees.
*The temperature drop will vary depending on the shape and material of the teacup.
How to Brew
- Prepare the water at 80 degrees Celsius.
- Put the tea leaves in the teapot and pour the hot water.
- After 60 seconds, pour the water into the teapot, shaking it slightly.
- The last drop from the teapot is a superb drop of tea, rich in the flavor of the tea leaves. Pour every last drop of tea gently.
Shipping in Japan
- We will send your order by Japan Post or Sagawa Express.
- We deliver tea at a flat rate of 250 yen (free shipping for orders over 3,000 yen) and other items at a flat rate of 650 yen (free shipping for orders over 12,000 yen).
- Items that fall under the post delivery size (such as tea) will be delivered directly to your mailbox.
※Please see this link for international shipping information.
An hour drive from Hakata Station, Mr.Higuchi’s tea farm is located in a mountain with a clear stream in the Niikawa area, Ukiha, Fukuoka. He transformed an uncultivated rice terrace into a tea farm, and the farm has amazing scenery that is one of the most attractive tea farms we've ever seen.
Niikawa tea factory cultivates organic tea with the source of clear water in an ideal tea-cultivating environment. Not easy to maintain a 7ha tea farm without using pesticides or herbicides: He goes to his tea farm every single day to pull out weeds growing one after another by hand as he makes fertilizer on his own.
Mr.Higuchi’s Sakimidori features its well-balanced, organic-like, and sophisticated taste and refreshing aroma. Amazingly well-balanced as its sharp astringency clears the umami that’s slightly spreading into the mouth. The well-balanced taste can be enjoyed both at a low and high temperature. This can be your everyday drink as it tastes great and clear and can be gulped in any brewing ways.