Round Kyusu/Tea Pot (Matte Black)
A teapot shaped and inspired by the iron bowl that the Buddhist monks had. The classic shape of Nankei Pottery Studio, which has been made for over 50 years. It has a dignified appearance and has been loved since ancient times.
Porcelain clay contains a lot of iron and has been blended for teapots since ancient times. This teapot is baked by the method in which the iron content turns black without applying glaze. By not applying glaze on the inside, the fine irregular uneveness on the surface moderately relieve the astringency of the tea, making it mellow and delicious.
A fine "18-8 stainless steel net" is attached to the entire bottom of the teapot so that even fine tea leaves will not clog and tea will come out smoothly. In addition, there is a space between the bottom net and the teapot, and since the tea leaves do not soak in the water remaining after the first brew, you can brew the tea deliciously in the second brew. Easy to clean, just by "lightly rinsing". We recommend bleaching every 6 months if you use it everyday.
Nankei Pottery Studio has been making Banko yaki for over 50 years in Yokkaichi, Mie Prefecture. A rare pottery that started as a “Tsuchiya” that digs soil and sells it after elutriation.
- Product number: K002
- Size: W176/D144/H82 (mm) (240cc)
- Material: Stoneware
- Microwave Oven: ×
- Open fire: ×
- Dishwasher: ×
Stainless Steel Net Kyusu & Normal Strainer Kyusu
- When washing with a dishwasher, it may be damaged depending on the usage conditions. We recommend that you wash your hands individually.
- Rinse the used tea leaves with water or hot water, drain well and dry. Occasionally it is more hygienic to dry in the sun light.
- If you're worried about tea stain, soak it overnight in diluted tableware oxygen bleach to clean it. Rinse thoroughly to avoid leaving an odor and dry thoroughly.
- Do not push or remove the net.
- Do not wash with a scrubbing brush or sponge into the teapot. It may damage the net.
- Please use a neutral detergent for cleaning. Do not use sponges with abrasives, metal scrubbers, cleansers, etc. There is a risk of damaging the vessel.
- As the raw material is porcelain clay containing iron powder, black spots may appear on the surface, but please enjoy it as a texture of the product.
- This product uses the texture of the soil as it is. Easy to get oil stains, but you can get off the stains by rubbing with scrubbing brush and neutral detergent.
- You can keep it in the refrigerator/freezer, but sudden temperature changes may cause damage. Please handle with care.