KAG0005 "OKUMIDORI" (40g)
TYPE: Sencha(Green Tea)
MAKER: Arimura Tea Factory(Kirishima, Kagoshima)
FEATURES: Umami, Salty, Laver, Roast
*All individually packaged packs of 10 x 4g.
- LEAF: 4g
- WATER: 120ml(4oz)
- TIME: 90sec
- TEMP: 70℃
If you don't have a temperature-controlled electric kettle or thermometer, use the following method to cool the water.
- Boil water and transfer to a teacup once.
- Wait for 3 minutes to allow the temperature to drop to around 70 degrees.
*The temperature drop will vary depending on the shape and material of the teacup.
How to Brew
- Prepare the water at 70 degrees Celsius.
- Put the tea leaves in the teapot and pour the hot water.
- After 90 seconds, pour the water into the teapot, shaking it slightly.
- The last drop from the teapot is a superb drop of tea, rich in the flavor of the tea leaves. Pour every last drop of tea gently.
As the plane approached Kagoshima Airport, we could see lush green tea fields everywhere below. One of them is the field of Arimura Tea Factory. Just a few hundred meters away from the airport, the Arimura family, grandfather, father, and son are striving at making tea today.
At the base of Takachiho Peak, Kirishima City in Kagoshima has been producing high-quality tea due to its cool climate and severe temperature differences. In particular, Arimura Tea Factory has won the Minister of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries Award, the highest award at the National Tea Fair, many times in the past, and has also won the Gold Prize at the Green Tea Fair in Paris. In fact, when we drank Okumidori, we were instantly captivated by its deliciousness.
Okumidori's unique aroma of fresh green leaves, the umami and seaweed aroma from the covered cultivation, and the sweetness and savory aroma from the careful roasting. The balance is excellent, and the impact of the umami is one of the best in our lineup. Once you taste it, you will never forget its robust flavor.