SAI0002 "OKUHARUKA" (40g)
TYPE: Sencha(Green Tea)
MAKER: Yokota Tea Farm(Sayama, Saitama)
FEATURES: Sweetness, Astringency, Cherry Blossom
*All individually packaged packs of 10 x 4g.
*It will be delivered to your mailbox so that you can receive it even when you are not at home.
- LEAF: 4g
- WATER: 120ml(4oz)
- TIME: 120sec
- TEMP: 60℃
If you don't have a temperature-controlled electric kettle or thermometer, use the following method to cool the water.
- Boil water and transfer to a teacup once.
- Wait for 5 minutes to allow the temperature to drop to around 60 degrees.
*The temperature drop will vary depending on the shape and material of the teacup.
How to Brew
- Prepare the water at 60 degrees Celsius.
- Put the tea leaves in the teapot and pour the hot water.
- After 120 seconds, pour the water into the teapot, shaking it slightly.
- The last drop from the teapot is a superb drop of tea, rich in the flavor of the tea leaves. Pour every last drop of tea gently.
It is said that when you compare the taste of tea made with chemical fertilizer and organic fertilizer, you can actually taste the flavor of the tea made with the organic fertilizer, while the chemical fertilizer contains more amino acids, the flavor component.
At Yokotaen, which has a history of 100 years, the fertilizer was changed to organic three years ago, and this year the taste and aroma of the tea has become much better. When you dig up the soil, you can see fungus and small insects here and there, which clearly shows the richness of the soil.
This tea is very delicate and refreshing, with an elegant sweet cherry blossom scent that spreads like Japanese sweets, and an astringent aftertaste that quickly dissipates. The fragile and light aroma is not too assertive, and at first it seems to be a little hidden in the back of the room. As the temperature drops, the aroma opens up, so it is recommended to serve it as a cold tea with ice, or to drink it slowly and over time.