SHZ0001 "FUJIEDAKAORI" (40g)
A rare cultivar with JASMINE and CINNAMON aroma.
The most beautiful thing about Fujiedakaori is its aroma. It is rare to find a tea with such a sweet and gorgeous aroma like jasmine and cinnamon that can be so thoroughly enjoyed.
The lingering astringent taste on the tongue is also pleasant; in a good sense, it is a tea that tastes, unlike sencha.
Type: Sencha (Green Tea)
Cultivation: Open Field
Maker: Nakayama Tea Factory (Fujieda, Shizuoka)
Taste Notes: Astringent, Sweetness, Jasmine, Herb
- All individually packaged: 10packs (4g each)
- LEAF: 4g
- WATER: 120ml(4oz)
- TIME: 60sec
- TEMP: 80℃
"Fujiedakaori" is a tea cultivar with a gorgeous aroma, so use a high temperature of around 80 degrees to bring out the aroma.
It is nice hot right after brewing, but as it cools down, the impression changes gradually.
It is also recommended to drink the tea slowly or to brew it thicker with a smaller amount of water and cool it with ice.
If you don't have a temperature-controlled electric kettle or thermometer, use the following method to cool the water.
- Boil water and transfer to a teacup once.
- Wait for 2 minutes to allow the temperature to drop to around 80 degrees.
*The temperature drop will vary depending on the shape and material of the teacup.
How to Brew
- Prepare the water at 80 degrees Celsius.
- Put the tea leaves in the teapot and pour the hot water.
- After 60 seconds, pour the water into the teapot, shaking it slightly.
- The last drop from the teapot is a superb drop of tea, rich in the flavor of the tea leaves. Pour every last drop of tea gently.
Shipping in Japan
- We will send your order by Japan Post or Sagawa Express.
- We deliver tea at a flat rate of 250 yen (free shipping for orders over 3,000 yen) and other items at a flat rate of 650 yen (free shipping for orders over 12,000 yen).
- Items that fall under the post delivery size (such as tea) will be delivered directly to your mailbox.
※Please see this link for international shipping information.
Fujiedakaori is a tea cultivar originated in Fujieda, Shizuoka. Because of its unique aroma, it is not suitable for blending, and few producers now make Fujiedakaori. Mr.Nakayama is a veteran producer who has been cultivating Fujiedakaori for over 15 years.
He maneuvers the small truck with a deft hand and makes smooth progress along the rugged mountain roads. We were led to a tea farm located at an altitude of about 400 meters, where the beautiful breathtaking scenery spread out right before our eyes: The tea farms, mountains, and blue sky. We were convinced that the great tea leaves would surely be cultivated on this farm.
This tea contains a floral scent and a refreshing astringency. Our recommendation is to brew it at a high temperature to bring out the aroma and astringency and drink it slowly. Enjoy the changing aroma as the temperature is lowered. You can also enjoy the gorgeous aroma of a cold brew without the astringent taste.