SHZ0002 "TSUYUHIKARI" (40g)
TYPE: Sencha(Green Tea)
MAKER: Taruwaki Tea Farm(Kawane, Shizuoka)
FEATURES: Umami, Astringency, Cherry Blossom, Mint
*All individually packaged packs of 10 x 4g.
*It will be delivered to your mailbox so that you can receive it even when you are not at home.
- LEAF: 4g
- WATER: 120ml(4oz)
- TIME: 90sec
- TEMP: 70℃
This Tsuyuhikari is cultivated in the open field and steamed lightly, to maximize its floral aroma and rich umami.
On the other hand, if brewed it incorrectly, it can have strong astringency and bitterness.
Brew it slowly and carefully at 70℃, which is just enough to bring out the aroma and suppress the extraction of astringency and bitterness.
- Boil water and transfer to a teacup once.
- Wait for 3 minutes to allow the temperature to drop to around 70 degrees.
*The temperature drop will vary depending on the shape and material of the teacup.
How to Brew
- Prepare the water at 70 degrees Celsius.
- Put the tea leaves in the teapot and pour the hot water.
- After 90 seconds, pour the water into the cup. Make sure do not shake the teapot when you pour to prevent tea leaves touch each other and extract unpleasant flavor.
- The last drop from the teapot is a superb drop of tea, rich in the flavor of the tea leaves. Pour every last drop of tea gently.
Kawanehoncho, Shizuoka Prefecture, is a famous tea-growing area with a long history. Yasuaki Taruwaki is the 8th generation of Taruwaki tea farm, which has more than 200 years of history. He makes tea at an altitude of 630m upstream of the Oigawa River.
His tea shows the characteristics of each cultivar straight away. The tea is grown in the open air, steamed shortly rather than deep steaming, and organically without pesticides and chemical fertilizers. All process is designed so that the aroma of each cultivar can be enjoyed. No compromise, and with great care, he makes teas that can be produced only on his farm.
Tsuyuhikari's father is a Shizu7132, aromatic cultivar with a flowery aroma. It has rich umami and a sweet aroma like cherry leaves that spreads softly in the aftertaste. This tea has a robust flavor and umami that is hard to believe is organically grown. The scent and astringency that only mountain-grown tea can have. This tea can be enjoyed in many different ways, so please enjoy it while experimenting with brewing methods.