SHZ0003 "KOHSHUN" (40g)
TYPE: Sencha(Green Tea)
MAKER: Moriuchi Tea Farm(Honyama, Shizuoka)
FEATURES: Sweetness, Jasmin, White Flower
*All individually packaged packs of 10 x 4g.
- LEAF: 4g
- WATER: 120ml(4oz)
- TIME: 70sec
- TEMP: 80℃
If you don't have a temperature-controlled electric kettle or thermometer, use the following method to cool the water.
- Boil water and transfer to a teacup once.
- Wait for 2 minutes to allow the temperature to drop to around 80 degrees.
*The temperature drop will vary depending on the shape and material of the teacup.
How to Brew
- Prepare the water at 80 degrees Celsius.
- Put the tea leaves in the teapot and pour the hot water.
- After 70 seconds, pour the water into the cup. Make sure do not shake the teapot when you pour to prevent tea leaves touch each other and extract unpleasant flavor.
- The last drop from the teapot is a superb drop of tea, rich in the flavor of the tea leaves. Pour every last drop of tea gently.
Honyama area of Shizuoka has flourished since the time of Ieyasu, as a production center of tea for the Tokugawa family. Surrounded by the steep terrain of the upper reaches of the Abegawa River, tea fields spread out in the rugged mountainous area, where the river mist acts as a natural curtain and tea is produced with its original aroma.
Yoshio is quite an idiosyncratic tea grower in Honyama, a tea production area with a long history. He produces sencha and black tea, oolong tea, and pan-roasted tea and has grown as many as 20 cultivars of tea, including some still being tested. Among them, Yoshio is particularly fond of the Kohshun. It has a sweet and gorgeous aroma and is suitable for various teas, from green to black.
The first thing that surprised us when we drank this Kohshun was its elegance. It has a jasmine-like aroma and a cool aftertaste. Even when brewed at a high temperature, there is almost no bitterness or astringency, and the refreshing taste reminds us of a white flower growing with dignity. Please try brewing it at a high temperature to enjoy the sweet aroma that spreads like a soft flower.