SHZ0010 "SHIZUKAORI" (40g)
Cherry Blossom Mochi, Lavender, etc. Ensemble of Floral aroma.
The most attractive feature of "Shizukaori" is its aroma. With its multilayered and slightly complex aroma, this tea has a variety of expressions.
Sometimes it is gorgeous, sometimes cool, and sometimes verdant. The variety of its aroma is what attracts us to it.
As the temperature drops, the impression changes. Hot or iced, you can enjoy this tea in the way you like it.
Type: Sencha(Green Tea)
Cultivation: Open Field
Maker: Moriuchi Tea Farm(Honyama, Shizuoka)
Taste Notes: Astringency, Sweetness,Cherry Blossom Mochi, Lavender
All individually packaged: 10packs (4g each)
- LEAF: 4g
- WATER: 120ml(4oz)
- TIME: 100sec
- TEMP: 80℃
If you don't have a temperature-controlled electric kettle or thermometer, use the following method to cool the water.
- Boil water and transfer to a teacup once.
- Wait for 2 minutes to allow the temperature to drop to around 80 degrees.
*The temperature drop will vary depending on the shape and material of the teacup.
How to Brew
- Prepare the water at 80 degrees Celsius.
- Put the tea leaves in the teapot and pour the hot water.
- After 100 seconds, pour the water into the teapot, shaking it slightly.
- The last drop from the teapot is a superb drop of tea, rich in the flavor of the tea leaves. Pour every last drop of tea gently.
Shipping in Japan
- We will send your order by Japan Post or Sagawa Express.
- We deliver tea at a flat rate of 250 yen (free shipping for orders over 3,000 yen) and other items at a flat rate of 650 yen (free shipping for orders over 12,000 yen).
- Items that fall under the post delivery size (such as tea) will be delivered directly to your mailbox.
※Please see this link for international shipping information.
The Honyama district of Shizuoka Prefecture has prospered since the Ieyasu era as the source of the Tokugawa family's official tea. The tea plantation is in a rugged mountainous area surrounded by steep terrain in the upper reaches of the Abe River. The difference in temperature between day and night has allowed mountain tea production that brings out the full flavor of the tea's true nature.
Moriuchi-san is quite an eccentric character in such a long-established tea production area, Honyama. He produces not only sencha but also black tea, oolong tea, kettle-fired tea, and all other types of tea, growing as many as 20 cultivars, including those under testing.
Among them, "Shizukaori" is a very rare cultivar that we rarely encounter. The "Shizukaori", produced by Moriuchi-san, a master of aromatic teas, has a complex and gorgeous herb-like aroma that is simply outstanding. The aroma of cherry blossoms and lavender comes and goes, followed by the fresh scent of fresh leaves, and the various aromas delight us so much that we never get tired of drinking them.
We hope you will try brewing this tea in multiple ways to bring out the charm of its aroma.