"Apricot" Round Kyusu/Tea Pot (Matte Black)
This kyusu was inspired by the shape of an apricot seed. It is a little fuller and has a peaceful appearance. When you have guests over, you can brew enough tea for four people in a small sencha cup. Usually, two cups can be brewed in a large teacup for meals.
The potter's clay has a high iron content and has been used for centuries in teapots. It is fired in a way that the iron content turns black without glazing. By not applying glaze, especially on the inside, the fine unevenness of the surface moderates the astringency of the tea, making it mellow and delicious. The more the teapot is used, the more its expression changes little by little and its color becomes richer.
The entire bottom of the kyusu is covered with a fine 18-8 stainless steel net, which allows the tea water to flow smoothly without clogging even with fine tea leaves. In addition, there is a space between the bottom net and the kyusu, which prevents the tea leaves from soaking in the remaining water, allowing you to brew delicious tea even after the second infusion. It is also easy to clean, with just a light rinse. If you use it every day, we recommend bleaching it every six months.
- Product number: K003
- Size: W178/D149/H95 (mm) (320cc)
- Material: Stoneware
- Microwave Oven: ×
- Open fire: ×
- Dishwasher: ×
Stainless Steel Net Kyusu & Normal Strainer Kyusu
- When washing with a dishwasher, it may be damaged depending on the usage conditions. We recommend that you wash your hands individually.
- Rinse the used tea leaves with water or hot water, drain well and dry. Occasionally it is more hygienic to dry in the sun light.
- If you're worried about tea stain, soak it overnight in diluted tableware oxygen bleach to clean it. Rinse thoroughly to avoid leaving an odor and dry thoroughly.
- Do not push or remove the net.
- Do not wash with a scrubbing brush or sponge into the teapot. It may damage the net.
- Please use a neutral detergent for cleaning. Do not use sponges with abrasives, metal scrubbers, cleansers, etc. There is a risk of damaging the vessel.
- As the raw material is porcelain clay containing iron powder, black spots may appear on the surface, but please enjoy it as a texture of the product.
- This product uses the texture of the soil as it is. Easy to get oil stains, but you can get off the stains by rubbing with scrubbing brush and neutral detergent.
- You can keep it in the refrigerator/freezer, but sudden temperature changes may cause damage. Please handle with care.
Nankei Pottery is a manufacturer of Banko ware located in Yokkaichi City, Mie Prefecture. Their pottery, which started out as a "clay maker" who sells clay used for making pottery, is characterized by its unique matte color and soft texture.
Tools that have the best of both "artist's goods" and "products" are a perfect combination of design and ease of use.
One of the attractions of their pottery is the carefully designed details that make you want to display them in your room, and as you use it daily, you will feel the comfort of using it, and it will gently fit in your life.