SHZ0004 "SAYAMAKAORI" (40g)
Dry sweetness like hazelnut or roasted sesame seeds.
This tea, called "Fragrant Green Tea," is made with the aroma of its cultivars well extracted.
In addition, you can enjoy its unique and sweet aroma of soybean flour and roasted sesame seeds, which is not found in ordinary sencha.
When you open the package, pour in hot water, and let the aroma soar, you will surely fall in love with this tea.
Type: Sencha (Green Tea)
Cultivation: Open Field
Maker: Imura Tea Farm(Shimada, Shizuoka)
Taste Notes: Sweetness, Roast, Kinako(roasted soybean flour), Roast Sesami
All individually packaged: 10packs (4g each)
- LEAF: 4g
- WATER: 120ml(4oz)
- TIME: 80sec
- TEMP: 80℃
If you don't have a temperature-controlled electric kettle or thermometer, use the following method to cool the water.
- Boil water and transfer to a teacup once.
- Wait for 2 minutes to allow the temperature to drop to around 80 degrees.
*The temperature drop will vary depending on the shape and material of the teacup.
How to Brew
- Prepare the water at 80 degrees Celsius.
- Put the tea leaves in the teapot and pour the hot water.
- After 80 seconds, pour the water into the teapot, shaking it slightly.
- The last drop from the teapot is a superb drop of tea, rich in the flavor of the tea leaves. Pour every last drop of tea gently.
Shipping in Japan
- We will send your order by Japan Post or Sagawa Express.
- We deliver tea at a flat rate of 250 yen (free shipping for orders over 3,000 yen) and other items at a flat rate of 650 yen (free shipping for orders over 12,000 yen).
- Items that fall under the post delivery size (such as tea) will be delivered directly to your mailbox.
※Please see this link for international shipping information.
The "taste" that we usually perceive is composed of taste and smell, and it is said that smell accounting for more than 80%. Green tea contains more than 200 kinds of aromatic components. These components are intricately combined to create the aroma of tea.
This tea, named "Fragrant Green Tea," is made by wilting (oxidative fermentation), which is not part of the normal green tea production process, to bring out the aroma from the tea leaves. This process is also used in the production of oolong and black tea, and is essential in creating the rich aroma that can be compared to flowers and fruits.
This "Sayamakaori" tea has a characteristic aroma like soybean flour or roasted sesame, which is created by intertwining the sweet aroma created by wilting and the roasted aroma added by heating. The rich aroma that spreads the moment you open the lid of the kyusu makes us feel luxurious.
It can be brewed at high temperature or cold. We hope you will enjoy the aroma of this tea in a variety of ways.