FUK0001 "OKUHIKARI" (40g)
Type: Sencha(Green Tea)
Maker: Niikawa Tea Factory ( Ukiha, Fukuoka)
Taste Notes: Bitterness, Umami, Spices, Herb
All individually packaged: 10packs (4g each)
- LEAF: 4g
- WATER: 120ml(4oz)
- TIME: 80sec
- TEMP: 80℃
"Okuhikari" is a unique cultivar with a tangy, spice-like aroma. In order to bring out its aroma, we recommend brewing it at a high temperature of around 80 degrees Celsius.
This tea also has a strong bitter and astringent taste, so when brewing, pour slowly so that the tea leaves do not touch each other, which will result in a moderately bitter and refreshing taste.
- Boil water and transfer to a teacup once.
- Wait for 2 minutes to allow the temperature to drop to around 80 degrees.
*The temperature drop will vary depending on the shape and material of the teacup.
How to Brew
- Prepare the water at 80 degrees Celsius.
- Put the tea leaves in the teapot and pour the hot water.
- After 60 seconds, pour the water into the teapot, shaking it slightly.
- The last drop from the teapot is a superb drop of tea, rich in the flavor of the tea leaves. Pour every last drop of tea gently.
Mr. Higuchi's Okuhikari has a distinctive aroma. The bitter and astringent taste that spreads slowly on the tongue is somewhat cool and refreshing to drink. The peculiar aroma of spices and herbs, which is unique to organic cultivation, and a mildly sweet cheese-like aroma that appears slightly in the mouth.
Niikawa tea factory, which produces tea in Ukiha City, Fukuoka Prefecture, uses its clean water source and environment to grow tea organically. It is not easy to manage a 7ha field without using pesticides or herbicides, pulling out weeds by hand, making fertilizer by himself, and visiting the field 365 days a year.
The terraced rice paddies that were carved out of the mountains in the past and are no longer cultivated are now reused as tea fields. His fields are in perfect harmony with nature and the scenery is truly beautiful, and of all the tea fields we have seen, this is the one that fascinated us the most.