KAG0004 "OKUYUTAKA" (40g)
Type: Sencha(Green Tea)
Maker: Shimokubo Tea Factory (Minamikyusyu, Kagoshima)
Taste Notes: Sweetness, Umami, Bitterness, Nuts, Milk
All individually packaged: 10packs (4g each)
- LEAF: 4g
- WATER: 120ml(4oz)
- TIME: 100sec
- TEMP: 70℃
This "Okuyutaka" teaches you the fun of brewing tea. The reason is that it shows many different aspects depending on how you brew it.
You can brew it slowly at a low temperature and enjoy its milky sweetness, or you can brew it quickly at a high temperature to enjoy the nutty aroma and the balance of bitterness.
I think the best way to enjoy this tea is to brew it at 70 degrees Celsius once to get a feel for its various flavors, and then enjoy it at your favorite temperature.
If you don't have a temperature-controlled electric kettle or thermometer, use the following method to cool the water.
- Boil water and transfer to a teacup once.
- Wait for 3 minutes to allow the temperature to drop to around 70 degrees.
*The temperature drop will vary depending on the shape and material of the teacup.
How to Brew
- Prepare the water at 70 degrees Celsius.
- Put the tea leaves in the teapot and pour the hot water.
- After 100 seconds, pour the water into the teapot, shaking it slightly.
- The last drop from the teapot is a superb drop of tea, rich in the flavor of the tea leaves. Pour every last drop of tea gently.
Shipping in Japan
- We will send your order by Japan Post or Sagawa Express.
- We deliver tea at a flat rate of 250 yen (free shipping for orders over 3,000 yen) and other items at a flat rate of 650 yen (free shipping for orders over 12,000 yen).
- Items that fall under the post delivery size (such as tea) will be delivered directly to your mailbox.
※Please see this link for international shipping information.
When we brewed Okuyutaka for the first time, we were surprised at its dark color. This tea has a deep green color and is made by a process of covered cultivation and deep steaming, which is common in Kagoshima prefecture. The mild taste and sweet aroma of this tea are one of the most outstanding and gentle tastes among Kenichiro Shimokubo's teas, and I felt the greatness of him as a tea farmer again.
Kenichiro is one of the most passionate tea growers we know. He is very particular about soil preparation and creates the best environment for tea with regular soil analysis and his own organic fertilizer. He manages a total of 45ha of fields and grows more than 20 cultivars, and one of the top-class producers in Kagoshima prefecture.
We tried about 10 different kinds of Kenichiro's teas and chose the Okuyutaka. We hope you will enjoy the soft and gentle taste that only "Okuyutaka" has.