Column Yunomi/Tea Cup (Matte Black)
Can be used not only as a yunomi, but also for desserts and salads.
Matte Black is made of clay that does not absorb water and is lightly and sturdily fired. It is characterized by a matte texture without the smoothness of glaze. Since it is made of non-absorbent clay, there is no need to worry about odor transfer. Matte White is a reproduction of a clay called Hakudei, which was produced in the Showa period (1926-1989) with a new formula. The more you use it, the more it becomes glossy and expressive, but if you are worried about stains, you can soak it overnight in bleach diluted with water to make it easier to remove stains.
Nankei Pottery Studio has been making Banko yaki for over 50 years in Yokkaichi, Mie Prefecture. A rare pottery that started as a “Tsuchiya” that digs soil and sells it after elutriation.
- Product number: W022
- Size: W73/H73 (mm) (240cc)
- Material: Stoneware
- Microwave Oven: ○
- Open fire: ×
- Dishwasher: △
- Please use a neutral detergent for cleaning. Do not use sponges with abrasives, metal scrubbers, cleansers, etc. There is a risk of damaging the vessel.
- As the raw material is porcelain clay containing iron powder, black spots may appear on the surface, but please enjoy it as a texture of the product.
- This product uses the texture of the soil as it is. Easy to get oil stains, but you can get off the stains by rubbing with scrubbing brush and neutral detergent.
- You can keep it in the refrigerator/freezer, but sudden temperature changes may cause damage. Please handle with care.