KAG0007 "ASANOKA" (40g)
Balance of robust flavor and a hint of astringency.
This sencha tastes well-balanced, and you can taste the tea's umami and astringency.
The aroma is not at all peculiar, and its flavor is genuinely that of a royal sencha.
No matter how you brew it, it does not lose its flavor, and even if you brew it roughly, it can be drunk with great relish.
Type: Sencha (Green Tea)
Maker: Shimokubo Tea Factory (Minamikyusyu, Kagoshima)
Taste Notes: Umami, Astringency, Laver, Grass
All individually packaged: 10packs (4g each)
- LEAF: 4g
- WATER: 120ml(4oz)
- TIME: 90sec
- TEMP: 80℃
If you don't have a temperature-controlled electric kettle or thermometer, use the following method to cool the water.
- Boil water and transfer to a teacup once.
- Wait for 2 minutes to allow the temperature to drop to around 80 degrees.
*The temperature drop will vary depending on the shape and material of the teacup.
How to Brew
- Prepare the water at 80 degrees Celsius.
- Put the tea leaves in the teapot and pour the hot water.
- After 90 seconds, pour the water into the teapot, shaking it slightly.
- The last drop from the teapot is a superb drop of tea, rich in the flavor of the tea leaves. Pour every last drop of tea gently.
Shipping in Japan
- We will send your order by Japan Post or Sagawa Express.
- We deliver tea at a flat rate of 250 yen (free shipping for orders over 3,000 yen) and other items at a flat rate of 650 yen (free shipping for orders over 12,000 yen).
- Items that fall under the post delivery size (such as tea) will be delivered directly to your mailbox.
※Please see this link for international shipping information.
"Asanoka" is a very well-balanced cultivar. It has a strong umami flavor and a slight astringency that tightens the aftertaste. This well-balanced taste will be loved by everyone, and even when brewed at high temperatures, it does not collapse, but rather increases in volume and fills the mouth. When I drank Mr. Shimokubo's "Asanoka", I felt that it was a complete form of this excellent cultivar.
Kenichiro is one of the most passionate tea growers we know. He is very particular about soil preparation and creates the best environment for tea with regular soil analysis and his own organic fertilizer. He manages a total of 45ha of fields and grows more than 20 cultivars, and one of the top-class producers in Kagoshima prefecture.
The taste of this tea is rich, but not overpowering. Even if you brew it roughly, it tastes good. It is a reliable tea that makes you feel at ease when you have it in your kitchen.