KAG0008 "YUTAKAMIDORI" (40g)
This is truly Kagoshima tea. A deep steamed "Yutakamidori" tea with a rich umami and astringency.
Among the "Yutakamidori," a representative green tea cultivar of Kagoshima, this tea has an excellent balance of umami and astringency.
It can be brewed at a high temperature to taste the astringent flavor, or at a low temperature to enjoy its rich umami. It is a reliable tea that can be brewed any way you like.
Type: Sencha (Green Tea)
Maker: Harutonari(Minamikyusyu, Kagoshima)
Taste Notes: Astringency, Umami, Laver, Grain
All individually packaged: 10packs (4g each)
- LEAF: 4g
- WATER: 120ml(4oz)
- TIME: 90sec
- TEMP: 70℃
If you don't have a temperature-controlled electric kettle or thermometer, use the following method to cool the water.
- Boil water and transfer to a teacup once.
- Wait for 3 minutes to allow the temperature to drop to around 70 degrees.
*The temperature drop will vary depending on the shape and material of the teacup.
How to Brew
- Prepare the water at 70 degrees Celsius.
- Put the tea leaves in the teapot and pour the hot water.
- After 90 seconds, pour the water into the cup. Make sure do not shake the teapot when you pour to prevent tea leaves touch each other and extract unpleasant flavor.
- The last drop from the teapot is a superb drop of tea, rich in the flavor of the tea leaves. Pour every last drop of tea gently.
Shipping in Japan
- We will send your order by Japan Post or Sagawa Express.
- We deliver tea at a flat rate of 250 yen (free shipping for orders over 3,000 yen) and other items at a flat rate of 650 yen (free shipping for orders over 12,000 yen).
- Items that fall under the post delivery size (such as tea) will be delivered directly to your mailbox.
※Please see this link for international shipping information.
We have a long talk whenever we visit Mr. Nagayama because of his passion for tea making, which burns within his gentle personality.
He has a wooden deck in his garden directly behind his farm, where we can sip tea while looking out over the tea trees swaying in the wind. We treasure our time talking endlessly about tea in the warm spring sun.
"Yutakamidori" is the second most produced cultivar in Japan, produced mainly in Kagoshima.It has a rich astringent taste and grain-like aroma.
It was actually Mr. Nagayama's grandfather who established this cultivar in Kagoshima. The "Yutakamidori" tea produced by Mr. Nagayama, who has such a connection to this cultivar, is very nice and tasty.
Originally, "Yutakamidori" has a strong astringency, but Mr. Nagayama's skill in shading cultivation has suppressed it, resulting in a tea that offers a balance of umami and astringency. The balance between the aroma of the cultivar and the aroma of "Ooika(aroma comes from shading)" is also excellent. It is a tea that can be brewed in any way you like and still be tasty.