6inch Plate (Matte Cream White)
This flat 15cm round dish with a matte black rim is easy to use as a pastry plate or serving dish.
This sharp dish is made of the same clay as the Sencha Kyusu series (Matte Cream White), and can be used in conjunction with. The matte surface, which is unglazed, grows in texture as it is used.
Surface is finished in such a way as to leave iron marks on it, creating an expression. Because no glaze is used, you can feel the momentum of the clay, as if you can hear the breath of a craftsman. Since there is no water absorption, there is no odor transfer, but the oil remains on the surface, resulting in a dark, wet color. The more you use it, the more it gets used, the more the color settles in. It can be stacked and stored.
- Product number: p002
- Size: W145/H15 (mm)
- Material: Stoneware
- Microwave Oven: ○
- Open fire: ×
- Dishwasher: △
- Please use a neutral detergent for cleaning. Do not use sponges with abrasives, metal scrubbers, cleansers, etc. There is a risk of damaging the vessel.
- As the raw material is porcelain clay containing iron powder, black spots may appear on the surface, but please enjoy it as a texture of the product.
- This product uses the texture of the soil as it is. Easy to get oil stains, but you can get off the stains by rubbing with scrubbing brush and neutral detergent.
- You can keep it in the refrigerator/freezer, but sudden temperature changes may cause damage. Please handle with care.
Shipping in Japan
- We will send your order by Japan Post or Sagawa Express.
- We deliver tea at a flat rate of 250 yen (free shipping for orders over 3,000 yen) and other items at a flat rate of 650 yen (free shipping for orders over 12,000 yen).
- Items that fall under the post delivery size (such as tea) will be delivered directly to your mailbox.
※Please see this link for international shipping information.
Nankei Pottery is a manufacturer of Banko ware located in Yokkaichi City, Mie Prefecture. Their pottery, which started out as a "clay maker" who sells clay used for making pottery, is characterized by its unique matte color and soft texture.
Tools that have the best of both "arts" and "products" are a perfect combination of design and ease of use.
One of the attractions of their pottery is the carefully designed details that make you want to display them in your room, and as you use it daily, you will feel the comfort of using it, and it will gently fit in your life.