Cone Yunomi/Tea Cup (Matte Black)
This sharp yunomi is made of the same clay as the standard product, Matte Black, and can be used with the sencha(150/320/690) kyusu series. It is characterized by its straight lines and slightly modern design. The unglazed, matte surface of the teacup will develop its own texture as it is used.
The inside is glazed and has a grayish white glossy finish, so you can enjoy the color of your tea while using it. Since it does not absorb water, it does not transfer the smell of tea leaves and can be used for various purposes such as a container for drinks and tea cakes. It is small enough to fit in the palm of your hand and can be stacked for storage.
- Product number: W028
- Size: W80/H62 (mm) (170cc)
- Material: Stoneware
- Microwave Oven: ○
- Open fire: ×
- Dishwasher: △
- Please use a neutral detergent for cleaning. Do not use sponges with abrasives, metal scrubbers, cleansers, etc. There is a risk of damaging the vessel.
- As the raw material is porcelain clay containing iron powder, black spots may appear on the surface, but please enjoy it as a texture of the product.
- This product uses the texture of the soil as it is. Easy to get oil stains, but you can get off the stains by rubbing with scrubbing brush and neutral detergent.
- You can keep it in the refrigerator/freezer, but sudden temperature changes may cause damage. Please handle with care.
Nankei Pottery is a manufacturer of Banko ware located in Yokkaichi City, Mie Prefecture. Their pottery, which started out as a "clay maker" who sells clay used for making pottery, is characterized by its unique matte color and soft texture.
Tools that have the best of both "arts" and "products" are a perfect combination of design and ease of use.
One of the attractions of their pottery is the carefully designed details that make you want to display them in your room, and as you use it daily, you will feel the comfort of using it, and it will gently fit in your life.