KAG0005 "OKUMIDORI" (40g)
Aromatic fragrance created by the fog and the skillful fire-working.
This delicious tea has a robust fire aroma created by roasting and a powerful flavor reminiscent of the earth of Kagoshima. The volume of the aroma and flavor is conveyed the moment you put it in your mouth. Yet it also has a great sense of balance, and the word "impeccable" is reserved for this tea.
No matter how you brew it, it is delicious, and no matter how much you drink, you will never get tired of it.
Type: Sencha(Green Tea)
Maker: Arimura Tea Factory(Kirishima, Kagoshima)
Taste Nots: Umami, Salty, Laver, Roast
All individually packaged: 10packs (4g each)
- LEAF: 4g
- WATER: 120ml(4oz)
- TIME: 90sec
- TEMP: 70℃
If you don't have a temperature-controlled electric kettle or thermometer, use the following method to cool the water.
- Boil water and transfer to a teacup once.
- Wait for 3 minutes to allow the temperature to drop to around 70 degrees.
*The temperature drop will vary depending on the shape and material of the teacup.
How to Brew
- Prepare the water at 70 degrees Celsius.
- Put the tea leaves in the teapot and pour the hot water.
- After 90 seconds, pour the water into the teapot, shaking it slightly.
- The last drop from the teapot is a superb drop of tea, rich in the flavor of the tea leaves. Pour every last drop of tea gently.
Shipping in Japan
- We will send your order by Japan Post or Sagawa Express.
- We deliver tea at a flat rate of 250 yen (free shipping for orders over 3,000 yen) and other items at a flat rate of 650 yen (free shipping for orders over 12,000 yen).
- Items that fall under the post delivery size (such as tea) will be delivered directly to your mailbox.
※Please see this link for international shipping information.
As the plane approached Kagoshima Airport, we could see lush green tea fields everywhere below. One of them is the field of Arimura Tea Factory. Just a few hundred meters away from the airport, the Arimura family, grandfather, father, and son are striving at making tea today.
At the base of Takachiho Peak, Kirishima City in Kagoshima has been producing high-quality tea due to its cool climate and severe temperature differences. In particular, Arimura Tea Factory has won the Minister of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries Award, the highest award at the National Tea Fair, many times in the past, and has also won the Gold Prize at the Green Tea Fair in Paris. In fact, when we drank Okumidori, we were instantly captivated by its deliciousness.
Okumidori's unique aroma of fresh green leaves, the umami and seaweed aroma from the covered cultivation, and the sweetness and savory aroma from the careful roasting. The balance is excellent, and the impact of the umami is one of the best in our lineup. Once you taste it, you will never forget its robust flavor.