Yuzamashi/Pitcher (Matte Black)
Yuzamashi, as the name implies, is a tool to cool water for making tea.
You may enjoy a different taste of your regular tea by brewing it with a kyusu and yuzamashi. Gyokuro and fine Sencha teas can be brewed slowly in water that has been cooled to about 50-80℃ to bring out the umami and sweetness of the tea.Depending on the season, adding hot water to the yuzamashi will lower the temperature by 10 to 15 degrees in about 10 seconds.
It can be used not only as a yuzamashi, but also as a sipping cup and as a dish bowl, and the simple, natural texture of the clay enhances the food.
The fine soil is baked tightly, so it does not absorb water and you can use it without worrying about odor transfer.
Matte Black clay is high in iron and has been used for NANKEI teapots since ancient times. It is fired without glaze, using a method that blackens the iron content.
- Product number: y001
- Size: W110/D105/H70 (mm)
- Material: Stoneware
- Microwave Oven: ○
- Open fire: ×
- Dishwasher: △
- Please use a neutral detergent for cleaning. Do not use sponges with abrasives, metal scrubbers, cleansers, etc. There is a risk of damaging the vessel.
- As the raw material is porcelain clay containing iron powder, black spots may appear on the surface, but please enjoy it as a texture of the product.
- This product uses the texture of the soil as it is. Easy to get oil stains, but you can get off the stains by rubbing with scrubbing brush and neutral detergent.
- You can keep it in the refrigerator/freezer, but sudden temperature changes may cause damage. Please handle with care.
Shipping in Japan
- We will send your order by Japan Post or Sagawa Express.
- We deliver tea at a flat rate of 250 yen (free shipping for orders over 3,000 yen) and other items at a flat rate of 650 yen (free shipping for orders over 12,000 yen).
- Items that fall under the post delivery size (such as tea) will be delivered directly to your mailbox.
※Please see this link for international shipping information.
Nankei Pottery is a manufacturer of Banko ware located in Yokkaichi City, Mie Prefecture. Their pottery, which started out as a "clay maker" who sells clay used for making pottery, is characterized by its unique matte color and soft texture.
Tools that have the best of both "arts" and "products" are a perfect combination of design and ease of use.
One of the attractions of their pottery is the carefully designed details that make you want to display them in your room, and as you use it daily, you will feel the comfort of using it, and it will gently fit in your life.